Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush Present SISTERS FIRST
ONLINE TICKETING HAS BEEN TURNED OFF. PLEASE CALL THE SHOP (281-497-8675) TO PURCHASE A TICKET OR ORDER A SIGNED COPY OF THE BOOK.
What: Join former first daughters Jenna Bush Hager and Barbara Pierce Bush in celebration of their first children’s book, SISTERS FIRST. The book illustrates the magic of sisterhood, and how we are all stronger, braver, and smarter when we stick together. Jenna and Barbara will read from the book and discuss how important it is to put your loved ones first, including personal stories of what it was like growing up together in the White House.
When: Saturday, November 16, 7:00 pm
Where: Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church: 11612 Memorial Dr, Houston, TX 77024. This event will be held in the sanctuary, but plan to enter through the Fellowship Hall on the north end of the building.
Admission: This is a ticketed event. Visit Brown Paper Tickets to purchase a ticket to the event. Your ticket will admit one person, and each ticket includes a pre-signed copy of SISTERS FIRST. You can choose to have your ticket mailed to you or to print it out at home. In either case, bring your ticket to the event.
We recognize that some of you may have purchased a copy of SISTERS FIRST elsewhere or may not want to keep the copy that comes with each ticket. Therefore, Blue Willow Bookshop will collect copies that you may wish to donate and will ensure that they are given to Texas schools or public libraries.
Barbara Pierce Bush is the board chair and cofounder of Global Health Corps, an organization that has mobilized more than one thousand young leaders who take an innovative approach to solving some of the world's biggest global health challenges. She is the coauthor of the #1 New York Times bestseller Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life with her twin sister, and the picture book Sisters First is her debut work for children. Barbara is currently pursuing her Masters at Harvard University.
Jenna Bush Hager is the a cohost of NBC’s Today Show and an editor-at-large for Southern Living magazine. She is the author of Ana’s Story: A Journey of Hope, and she coauthored Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life, as well as Our Great Big Backyard and Read All About It! Jenna lives in New York with her husband and children.
Event & Ticket Guidelines:
- This is a ticketed event. Each ticket admits one person and includes a pre-signed copy of SISTERS FIRST. (The authors will sign all books before the event. There will not be a signing line; books will not be personalized.)
- You may purchase 4 tickets at one time.
- You can choose to have your ticket mailed to you or to print it out at home. In either case, bring your ticket to the event.
- There will be no signing line or chance to meet the author after the presentation portion of the event.
- Tickets go on sale on Brown Paper Tickets on Friday, September 27 at 12:00 PM CDT
- Blue Willow Bookshop will collect and donate spare copies of SISTERS FIRST to Texas schools or public libraries if you purchased a copy of the book elsewhere or do not wish to keep the copy that comes with each ticket.
- Follow us on social media @bluewillowbooks, and keep checking this page for further information and updates as the event approaches.
A limited number of autographed (NOT PERSONALIZED) copies of this book may be available for purchase after the event. Call the shop (281-497-8675) on Monday, November 18 to see what we have available.
Please pick up your unclaimed book(s) within a month of the event date. After that date, your book will be donated to a Houston-based literacy organization.
Ordering (Only if you CANNOT ATTEND the event. Ordering a book below will NOT admit you to the event):
A limited number of autographed copies of this book will be available for purchase after the event. Please call us before the event at (281) 497-8675, or add the book to your cart on our website. Please indicate that you would like a signed copy in the "comments" section. Payment type must be "CreditCard." Shipping will be charged if you want the book shipped to you. If you prefer in-store pick up, please pick up your unclaimed book(s) within a month of the event date. After that date, your book will be donated to a Houston-based literacy organization.
To place an international order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain shipping details and to have items shipped to you. Staff will respond within 24-48 hours.