What: Adam Rippon, the first openly gay U.S. male athlete to win a medal in a Winter Olympics, will discuss his new memoir BEAUTIFUL ON THE OUTSIDE.
When: Tuesday, October 29, 2019, 7:00 pm
Where: The Montrose Center, 401 Branard St, Houston, TX 77006
Admission: This is a ticketed event. Visit Brown Paper Tickets to purchase a ticket to the event. Your ticket will admit one person, and each ticket includes a pre-signed copy of BEAUTIFUL ON THE OUTSIDE. You can choose to have your ticket mailed to you or to print it out at home. In either case, bring your ticket to the event. When you arrive at the event, you will receive your book and a ticket that indcates your place in the meet and greet line, which will follow the conversation.
We recognize that some of you may have purchased a copy of BEAUTIFUL ON THE OUTSIDE elsewhere or may not want to keep the copy that comes with each ticket. Therefore, Blue Willow Bookshop will collect copies that you may wish to donate and will ensure that they are given to Texas schools or public libraries.
Adam Rippon is an Olympic athlete and medal-winning figure skater. He won the 2010 Four Continents Championships and the 2016 U.S. National Championships and was selected to represent the United States at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea. He came out as gay in October 2015 and, at the 2018 Winter Olympics, won a bronze medal as part of the figure skating team event, thus becoming the first openly gay U.S. male athlete to win a medal in a Winter Olympics. Later that year, he was named to the TIME 100 List of Most Influential People, Forbes 30 Under 30; AdWeek's 100 Most Creative and OUT Magazine's Power 50: The Most Influential Voices in LGBTQ America. He won season 26 of Dancing with the Stars: Athletes before going on to be a judge on the premiere season of Dancing with the Stars Juniors.
- This is a ticketed event. Each ticket admits one person and includes a pre-signed copy of BEAUTIFUL ON THE OUTSIDE.
- You may purchase 4 tickets at one time.
- Photos will be taken on attendee's phones.
- Adam cannot sign memorablia.
- You can choose to have your ticket mailed to you or to print it out at home. In either case, bring your ticket to the event.
- Tickets are available at Brown Paper Tickets and a portion of each ticket will support programs at The Montrose Center.
- Blue Willow Bookshop will collect and donate spare copies of BEAUTIFUL ON THE OUTSIDE to Houston-based non profit organizations or public libraries if you purchased a copy of the book elsewhere or do not wish to keep the copy that comes with each ticket.
- Follow us on social media @bluewillowbooks, and keep checking this page for further information and updates as the event approaches.
If you cannot attend the event, please make arrangements to pick up your unclaimed book(s) within a month of the event date. After that date, your book will be donated to a Houston-based literacy organization.
Ordering (Only if you CANNOT ATTEND the event. Ordering a book below will NOT admit you to the event):
A limited number of autographed copies of this book will be available for purchase after the event. Please call us before the event at (281) 497-8675, or add the book to your cart on our website. Payment type must be "CreditCard." Shipping will be charged if you want the book shipped to you. If you prefer in-store pick up, please pick up your unclaimed book(s) within a month of the event date. After that date, your book will be donated to a Houston-based literacy organization.
To place an international order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain shipping details and to have items shipped to you. Staff will respond within 24-48 hours.
Former Olympic figure skater and self-professed America's Sweetheart Adam Rippon shares his underdog journey from beautiful mess to outrageous success in this hilarious, big-hearted memoir.