Our consignment program allows Blue Willow Bookshop to carry a variety of self-published and print-on-demand titles from local authors. We love finding hidden gems which would be of interest to our customers!
General Consignment Info
Upon agreeing to carry your book:
- The basic administrative fee for a consignment is $25.00, check or cash only
- Books should have a spine displaying the title and author's name (no spiral-bound books).
- Upon sale, we pay 60% for a consignment title.
- We agree to display books on a consignment basis for a maximum of 3 months. As books sell, we may request additional copies from consignor.
- At the end of the consignment period, we will send any unsold books and any payment accrued from book sales to an address provided by the consignor.
- If unsold books have not been picked up after 30 days, Blue Willow Bookshop will have no financial liability for the books. The books will be considered abandoned and will be donated to a literary charity of our choice.
- We will pay only for items sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
- Blue Willow Bookshop is under no obligation to review, promote, or prominently display the consigned books beyond placing them on our designated consignment shelves.
- We request in your media outreach that you link purchases on your website to Blue Willow Bookshop’s product page for your book. Your relationship with your local bookstore is paramount.
Tips for Successful Consignment
- Encourage friends, family, and other contacts to purchase your book at Blue Willow Bookshop.
- Contact your local media and mailing lists to announce that your book is available at Blue Willow Bookshop.
- Get involved with book clubs, libraries, and other community organizations. Greater success comes from a wide array of author-coordinated promotion.
Almost all our author signings are the product of a direct relationship between an author's publishing house and our event coordinator; as a result, we seldom host events for self- or indie-published authors. We strive to make author events successful for both our Blue Willow patrons and the author—this sentiment echos our mission to provide outstanding customer service. Thank you for your interest in our shop, and please stop by anytime with your book and join our consignment program.
Interested in participating?
Send information about your title(s) via email to email@example.com. Our consignment manager will contact you regarding your book.