Scared of the Dark? It's Really Scared of You (Hardcover)
So many kids (and adults!) are afraid of the dark. But what if the dark was really afraid of you? This wonderful picture book should put all bogey men back in the closet, far away. It's perfect for the toddler and preschool child.— Valerie
Scared of the Dark? It's Really Scared of You is a picture book that playfully unpacks a common childhood fear.
You may be afraid of the dark . . . but did you know that the dark is actually afraid of YOU? It's true!
The dark spends its days hiding from the light in your underwear drawer. The dark thinks you look scary. And the dark may be difficult to see when the sun goes down, but it also has its fair share of redeeming qualities.
• A go-to read for kids who are afraid of nighttime
• Personifies darkness to help younger readers shift how they see the night
• A humorous and soulful picture book by Peter Vegas and acclaimed illustrator Benjamin Chaud
Scared of the Dark? It's Really Scared of You reassures the youngest of readers that the dark is more relatable—and appealing—than ever imagined.
Fans of the award-winning illustrator Benjamin Chaud will love adding this one to the collection.
• A good pick for parents, grandparents, and caregivers of reluctant readers
• Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
• Perfect for children ages 3 to 5 years old
• Great for teachers and librarians who want to teach there are no monsters, just friends
• Add it to the shelf with books like Orion and the Dark by Emma Yarlett, The Dark by Lemony Snicket, and The Berenstain Bears by Stan and Jan Berenstain.
About the Author
Peter Vegas is the author of Stickmen and the Pyramid Hunters series. He lives in Auckland, New Zealand.
Benjamin Chaud has illustrated more than 70 books, including New York Times Notable Book The Bear's Song, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to School . . . , The Truth About My Unbelievable School . . . , Grown-ups Never Do That, and I Didn't Do My Homework Because . . . , which has been translated into 21 languages. He lives in the French Alps.