Noodleheads Lucky Day (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Noodleheads series.
- #1: Noodlehead Nightmares (Noodleheads #1) (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: Noodleheads See the Future (Paperback): $6.99
- #3: Noodleheads Find Something Fishy (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Noodleheads Fortress of Doom (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Noodleheads Do the Impossible (Hardcover): $15.99
- #7: Noodleheads Take It Easy (Hardcover): $15.99
You'll laugh out loud when Mac and Mac try to hatch a kitten. . . out of a watermelon. This easy-to-read intro to graphic novels is perfect for "fans of all things goofy" according to School Library Journal.
Twin brothers Mac and Mac are soooo lucky. How lucky are they?
• When they get hit on the head with an acorn, they're lucky that little acorns and not big watermelons grow on trees.
• When their frenemy Meatball gives them a bag full of bees, they're lucky that Mom has just built a beehive to put them in.
• And when their watermelon DOESN'T hatch a kitten, they're lucky that there's another way to get a pet.
Illustrated by Tedd Arnold, whose Fly Guy series is a kid favorite, this fifth book in the Noodleheads graphic novel series is perfect for comic fans and reluctant readers, with short, funny chapters following Mac and Mac through ridiculous adventures. Full of wordplay, jokes, and slapstick humor, the Noodlehead series is sure to delight.
Based on traditional world folktales and stories of fools, the Noodleheads also encourage critical thinking, inviting kids to use their noodles- spotting the holes in the brothers' grand plans, and anticipating how things will go awry.
Source notes from professional storytellers Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss provide more information about the traditional stories that inspired Mac and Mac's mishaps, showing how these comic motifs feature in folklore and legends all around the world and offering opportunities for further reading.
A Junior Library Guild Selection!
About the Author
Tedd Arnold is the best-selling author-illustrator of the Fly Guy series, with two Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Honor books and more than 18.5 million books in print. He is author and illustrator of Dirty Gert, Vincent Paints His House, and Fix This Mess, an I Like to Read book. He is co-author and illustrator of the Noodleheads series, including Noodleheads See the Future, a Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Honor Book, an American Library Association Notable Book, and winner of the American Folklore Society's Aesop Prize.
Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss are acclaimed storytellers who have won an Irma Simonton Black Award for Excellence in Children's Literature, two Storytelling World Awards, and an Anne Izard Storytellers' Choice Award. With Tedd Arnold, they are co-authors of the Noodleheads series, including Noodleheads See the Future, a Theodor Seuss Geisel Award Honor Book, an American Library Association Notable Book, and winner of the American Folklore Society's Aesop Prize.
"Fun-loving kids will laugh out loud as Mac and Mac make mistakes but end up OK. Adults will enjoy the excellent story source notes. Children who appreciate being a little smarter than the characters they read about will relish it."—Kirkus Reviews