It Started with a Scandal: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Pennyroyal Green series.
- #1: The Perils of Pleasure: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $6.99
- #2: Like No Other Lover: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Since the Surrender: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $6.99
- #4: I Kissed an Earl: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: What I Did For a Duke: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: How the Marquess Was Won: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: A Notorious Countess Confesses: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $5.99
- #8: It Happened One Midnight: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Between the Devil and Ian Eversea: Pennyroyal Green Series (Mass Market): $7.99
Lord Philippe Lavay once took to the high seas armed with charm as lethal as his sword, and a stone-cold conviction: he'll restore his family's fortune and honor, no matter the cost. Victory is at last within reach—when a brutal attack snatches it from his grasp and lands him in Pennyroyal Green.
An afternoon of bliss brings a cascade of consequences for Elise Fountain. She is shunned by her family and ousted from a job she loves, and her survival means a plummet down the social ladder to a position no woman has yet been able to keep: housekeeper to a frighteningly formidable prince.
The bold and gentle Elise sees past his battered body into Philippe's barricaded heart . . . and her innate sensuality ignites his blood. Now a man who thought he could never love and a woman who thought she would never again trust must fight an incendiary passion that could be the ruin of them both.
About the Author
USA Today bestselling author Julie Anne Long originally set out to be a rock star when she grew up (and she has the guitars and fringed clothing stuffed in the back of her closet to prove it), but writing was always her first love. Since hanging up her guitar for the computer keyboard, Julie has penned books that frequently top reader and critic polls and have been nominated for numerous awards, including the RITA®, Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice, and the Quill, and reviewers have been known to use words like "dazzling," "brilliant," and "impossible to put down" when describing them. Julie lives in Northern California.
“Warm, witty and fabulous!”
— Suzanne Enoch
“Utterly delectable battle of the sexes where readers win”
— Romantic Times
“This is really a must-read for fans of historical romance, and be ready for some major surprises to pop up by the end. Ms. Long’s fresh writing style and attention to plot structure really keeps the pages turning in this wonderful historical romance.”
— Romancejunkies.com on Perils of Pleasure
“This deliciously delightful romance shines with Long’s charming storytelling and appealing characters...readers will smile with joy and pleasure as the arrogant hero meets his match.”
— Romantic Times TOP PICK!
“Of all the amazing books I’ve read this year, A Notorious Countess Confesses is my favorite.”
— Kathy Altman of USA Today Happy Ever After Blog
“Memorable characters, great writing and insightful dialogue”
— All About Romance
“A resilient, appealing pair who’ve lost everything-and survived-find belonging and hope in Long’s latest heart-melting, sexy charmer.”
— Library Journal