Big Nate: In a Class by Himself (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Big Nate series.
- #2: Big Nate Out Loud (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Big Nate and Friends (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Big Nate Makes the Grade (Paperback): $11.99
- #5: Big Nate Flips Out (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Big Nate: Game On! (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Big Nate: I Can't Take It! (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: Big Nate: Great Minds Think Alike (Paperback): $11.99
- #9: Big Nate: The Crowd Goes Wild! (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Nate el Grande: ¡Hola! (Big Nate #10) (Hardcover): $37.99
- #11: Big Nate's Greatest Hits (Paperback): $12.99
- #12: Big Nate: Say Good-bye to Dork City (Paperback): $11.99
- #13: Big Nate: Welcome to My World (Paperback): $9.99
- #14: Big Nate: Thunka, Thunka, Thunka (Paperback): $9.99
- #15: Big Nate: Revenge of the Cream Puffs (Paperback): $9.99
- #16: Big Nate: What's a Little Noogie Between Friends? (Paperback): $11.99
- #17: Big Nate: A Good Old-Fashioned Wedgie (Paperback): $9.99
- #18: Big Nate: Silent But Deadly (Paperback): $11.99
- #19: Big Nate Goes Bananas! (Paperback): $9.99
- #20: Big Nate: Payback Time! (Paperback): $9.99
- #21: Big Nate: Hug It Out! (Paperback): $9.99
- #22: Big Nate: Blow the Roof Off! (Paperback): $11.99
- #23: Big Nate: The Gerbil Ate My Homework (Paperback): $11.99
- #24: Big Nate: In Your Face! (Paperback): $11.99
- #25: Big Nate: Aloha! (Paperback): $11.99
- #26: Big Nate: Beware of Low-Flying Corn Muffins (Paperback): $11.99
Soon to be an animated series from Nickelodeon!
“Big Nate is funny, big time.”—Jeff Kinney, author of Diary of a Wimpy Kid
For fans of the hilarious Diary of a Wimpy Kid series: Get ready to meet Big Nate! In the first novel in the New York Times bestselling series, Big Nate is in a class by himself!
Nate knows he’s meant for big things. REALLY big things. But things don’t always go your way just because you’re awesome. Nate barely survives his dad’s toxic oatmeal before rushing off to school—minus his lunch. He body slams the no-nonsense principal. He accidentally insults his least favorite teacher, the horrifying Mrs. Godfrey (aka Godzilla). And school has barely started!
Trouble always seems to find him, but Nate keeps his cool. He knows he’s destined for greatness. A fortune cookie told him so.
Here comes BIG NATE, accidental mischief maker and definitely NOT the teacher’s pet.
Get your reader into this beloved series with Big Nate: In a Class by Himself, the perfect book for anyone who's ever been to middle school.
About the Author
Lincoln Peirce (pronounced "purse") is a cartoonist/writer and New York Times bestselling author of the hilarious Big Nate book series (www.bignatebooks.com), now published in twenty-five countries worldwide and available as ebooks and audiobooks and as an app, Big Nate: Comix by U! He is also the creator of the comic strip Big Nate. It appears in over three hundred U.S. newspapers and online daily at www.gocomics.com/bignate. Lincoln's boyhood idol was Charles Schulz of Peanuts fame, but his main inspiration for Big Nate has always been his own experience as a sixth grader. Just like Nate, Lincoln loves comics, ice hockey, and Cheez Doodles (and dislikes cats, figure skating, and egg salad). His Big Nate books have been featured on Good Morning America and in the Boston Globe, the Los Angeles Times, USA Today, and the Washington Post. He has also written for Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. Lincoln lives with his wife and two children in Portland, Maine.
“Many laugh-out-loud moments...There is so much to like here...The millions of Wimpy Kid fans will be thrilled to find another cartoon buddy to read about, this good-hearted king of detention.”
— Horn Book (starred review)
“Though Nate may not achieve the fame he seeks with his classmates, this sharp-witted and unflappable protagonist just might find it with readers.”
— Publishers Weekly
“Thank goodness sequels are planned!”
— Kirkus Reviews
— School Library Journal
“Nate’s persistent good cheer and moxie make him a likeable new proxy for young misfits.”
“Fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, or of Nate himself will savor P.S. 38’s most beleaguered hero. What carries the day are the zany illustrations and unflagging enthusiasm of Nate himself.”
— Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
“This series will keep you laughing and rooting for Nate, no matter what.”
Praise for BIG NATE STRIKES AGAIN: “The millions of Wimpy Kid fans will be thrilled to find another cartoon buddy to read about, this good-hearted king of detention.”
— The Horn Book (starred review)
Praise for BIG NATE STRIKES AGAIN: “Fans will be in heaven; thank goodness number three is already on the way.”
— Kirkus Reviews
Praise for BIG NATE ON A ROLL: “[T]he slickest of this series...On a roll indeed!”
— Kirkus Reviews (starred review)
Praise for BIG NATE ON A ROLL: “Nate is often compared to Jeff Kinney’s Wimpy Kid and will appeal to the same audience, he bears more resemblance to the tricksters of folklore...the interplay between text and pictures remains fresh, as does the distinction between Peirce’s cartoons and Nate’s own cartoons.”
— The Horn Book