Our consignment program allows Blue Willow Bookshop to carry a variety of self-published and print-on-demand titles from local authors. We love finding hidden gems which would be of interest to our customers!
General Consignment Info
If we agree to carry your book:
- The basic administrative fee for a consignment is $25.00, check or cash only
- Books should have a spine displaying the title and author's name (no spiral-bound books).
- Upon sale, we pay 60% for a consignment title.
- We agree to display books on a consignment basis for a maximum of 3 months. As books sell, we may request additional copies from consignor.
- At the end of the consignment period, we will send any unsold books and any payment accrued from book sales to an address provided by the consignor.
- We will pay only for items sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
- You will link purchases on your website to Blue Willow Bookshop’s product page for your book. Your relationship with your local bookstore is paramount.
Tips for Successful Consignment
- Encourage friends, family, and other contacts to purchase your book at Blue Willow Bookshop.
- Contact your local media and mailing lists to announce that your book is available at Blue Willow Bookshop.
- Get involved with book clubs, libraries, and other community organizations. Greater success comes from a wide array of author-coordinated promotion.
Interested in participating?
Send information about your title(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our consignment manager will contact you regarding carrying your book in our shop.